Saturday, May 21, 2016

Dream Bike


What would be my dream bike? A lot of people ask me which my dream bike is. I don’t mean to brag, but certainly my knowledge on automobile is wider than most of us here. Here, yeah a little brag would be all right. Of course, it’s not full like a professional expert, but acceptable. These are the bikes that I have in mind. Its a personal blog, if you have your own, please do feel free to comment the name.


Here, let me share an incident that I used to do often do when I used to visit the cities when I was still in a bit rural part of Chitwan. I had a relative, a brother whose home was in front of paras Bus Park (at that time). There, bikes used to pass, scooters used to pass. And it was night time, and my brother and I used to play a game. Knowing the bike or scooter by seeing its headlight and tail light. I was pretty good even I hailed from rural area.
So, stories aside, what’s my dream bike? Well technically, I don’t have one. It’s like comparing branded desktops when I have option of customizing it. I don’t want my dream bike to be labelled by some brand. Of course, a Ducati would be nice but come on. A bike that you chose from ground zero would feel proper rather than just a block of it. Of course it is not feasible in Nepal. But I would like to make it feasible. I would like to make the dream possible. That’s my dream, buying CKD kits and assembling them or tuning them or exploring the fun in that. How cool would it be? I mean you can choose the tank size, tank design, custom logos, custom graphics, custom paint job, custom wheels, and seats, tires, and lights. Everybody has a different option, taste. Isn’t it right to do in such way? Modular smartphones are available in few years, why can’t we have modular bikes? Somebody would like to have cruiser with extra features, someone would like a café racer and someone would like a pure racing breed. What if I could provide that? What if I can create it? Some people are not satisfied with stock products. They want more. And I am one of them. I tweak smartphones right now. How about tweaking motorbikes? Surely that would be wonderful.
So, here is my specs for some category of bike.
Track racing bike: Minimum weight. Minimum features. Maximum safety features (ABS, traction control, riding assist). If it is only for track, I would like to remove the headlights, tail section, change the silencer and make it a free flow exhaust system. Unnecessary features would be removed. Since it is a track machine, it would have small tank, with fuel enough for 10 to 15 laps, decreasing the overall weight of the machine. Aerodynamics would be the prime design factor.
Everyday commuter: Excellent braking, average weight. Place for carrying small amount of goods, proper lighting system, and proper safety features like ABS, Rider assist present. Larger fuel tank, proper aerodynamics. Exhaust system with proper silencer that reduces noise and increased fuel efficiency.
Cruiser: A bike with everyday feature but a bit powerful on highways and long tours. Place for carrying backpack on rear end. Proper features like ABS, rider assist, GPS system. Larger fuel tank than everyday commuter. Features inclined over safety and comfort. Larger tires. More torque than power. And powerful light system, accessory lights on leg guard. Comfortable seating system.

Café racer: Strip off the aerodynamics, strip of the traction control, rider assist and everything. Maintain the ABS, with on off toggle. Large real tires, narrow clip on ace handle, clubman mirror. Retro looks. More torque and power. Enough fuel tank and pure adrenaline.
Just kidding, I would like to have the Ducati Superleggera 1198 or the Kawasaki H2 (H2R would be better).
So, there goes my list. Anything you would like to add? Please comment below.
If you would like to have an article placed or suggest and article, please contact me at busyccr@gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment