Saturday, May 14, 2016

Ricers in Nepal

Ricers

Ricer comes from Latin word Ricarius, which means a person who suck at everything they attempt. Mostly, it means modifying imported cars to make them faster (mostly a futile attempt). In Nepal’s concern, it applies to motorbikes (my perspective).


So, you already know what I am talking about. Modifications that are aesthetically painful to eyes, revving of engines which are a pain to ear drums and smokes that are essentially tearing my olfactory apparatus. Also, honestly, a stress to engines in most of the case.

But, why am i advocating against modification?
I am an adult in my twenties. Yes, I like bikes, in fact I love bikes. Yes, I do love modified bikes, tuned bikes. Of course, who won’t love a monster that’s different from other? Yes, you caught my attention. Still, why am I advocating against modification?



First, understand modification. Modification is an art, a science that has engineers and designers in it. Mostly designers. They know their shit. But ricers, as we have here, they are people with stagnant cash, a good bike and an empty mind. And talking about the people who do it, they lack the technical. They are common garage holders. They are licensed (I guess) to repair bikes, not to enhance their performance. 

So, technical talks apart, what are some of the stupid modifications? We have no shortage of such “modifications”.
The first and talk of everybody is increasing shock height. “Shock uthaune”, it’s on everybody’s mind. Does increasing shock height make you look cool? Nope. Does it do well to your bike? Probably no. It hampers stability and safety of the bike. Plus, the tire wear and damage is excessive. So, no until and unless you have problem with you ride height, or you have excessively height that normal ride height is obsolete to you.
The second one is giving it colors and sticker package. I don’t consider it a modification but seriously bro? You give strips that resemble carbon fiber and install it in your steel tank? Wah man, you are genius. I don’t have much to say but colors and paint job, I can give thumbs up. Don’t make it partial. Either go full or don’t go, that’s it. And there are sticker packages that totally changes the look of bike. That’s one way to do it but not like having one partial sticker and saying damn good modification.

And in many of modifications page in Nepal, sharing is caring. I have seen pictures with cut out rear mudguard and saying cool modification. Damn, genius man. You cut a rear mudguard and BOOM, modded bike.
You change your seat, damn good modification. You change your rear view mirror, damn good modification.
After seeing all of this, I have decided to cut my blog short and just say this. MODIFICATION IS AN ART. Either do it wise or don’t even start. Just because you can pluck a guitar doesn’t mean you are a musician and just because you cut your fender, mud guard or sticker your bike, it doesn’t mean a modification. If you want to see what really modification is, search for cafĂ© racer creators, BAD LAND from Japan, Rajputana Custom Motorcycles from India. There are lots if you try to invest and do well in this field, but you got to indulge deep. Learn and do it, don’t do it and learn as a motorcycle isn’t something that you toy with.
Peace out!






0 comments:

Post a Comment